Adult Ministries @ AUMC
United Methodist Women
The United Methodist Women are a community of women whose purpose is to know God and to experience freedom as whole persons through Jesus Christ; to develop a creative, supportive fellowship; and to expand concepts of mission through participation in the global ministries of the church.
- Circle of Love – (Marian Winslow, Chairman – 817-326-3899)
Meets the second Friday of each month at 10:00am for varied programs.
- Eileen Lindley Circle – (Ruth Smith, Chairman – 817-579-5306)
Meets the third Tuesday at 1:00pm for a light lunch and program.
- Mary Martha Circle – (Brigitte Eichler, Chairman – 817-408-8263)
Meets second Monday at 6:00pm for a light supper and program.
- Literary Circle – (Carolyn Stringer, Chairman – 817-326-5815)
Meets fourth Tuesday at 1:30pm in the parlor for light refreshments and a review and discussion of a different book each meeting.
- Unit Meetings – Circles meet together as a Unit four times a year.
United Methodist Men
The Acton United Methodist Men support the church, the community and the men we serve. We have a three-fold ministry:
- We have monthly social and informational meetings
- We meet weekly for Bible study, and
- Our mission project is Meals on Wheels, which serves about 25 families every week.
For more information or to be added to our mailing list, contact Phil Newsom at (832-289-0224). If you have interest in serving Meals on Wheels call Jim Martin at (817-910-2169).
Senior Adult Ministries
- Stitching Angels – Mondays at 2:00 p.m. in Parlor.
- Saintly Sightseers – Come travel with us! Check the church calendar for monthly outings.
- 3′s Company – Share in meals together! Contact Donna Vickers at 817-326-5587.
- Alzheimer’s Support – For more information, contact Evelyn Guerin at 817-326-4242.
- Overeaters Anonymous – Mondays at 6:30 in E205