Acton United Methodist Church supports many local charities with volunteers, annual donations, special collections, and offers to use the Church facilities. The following organizations are closely associated with our Church. If you would like to be involved with our Outreach Team, contact Pastor Margret Fields through email at email@example.com or by phone at (817) 313-6916.
- Brazos Pregnancy Center - The Outreach team at Acton made a decision several years ago to focus on three areas of ministry, as a way to be better stewards of our resources and have a greater impact on the lives of others. Our areas of focus are ministries that promote economic self sufficiency, food ministries and child welfare. The Brazos Pregnancy Center promotes child welfare by ministering to pregnant women who need to know that someone will listen, care for and not judge them. At the Brazos Pregnancy Center these women get necessities for the unborn child but they also get mentoring and parenting classes. By teaching these soon to be mothers positive parenting the BPC is equipping them to love and nurture their child. Child abuse is reduced when parents are educated on ways to handle stress and positive parenting techniques. These women are mentored by volunteers who truly care about the women and their unborn child. By meeting real life needs, the volunteers at BPC are sharing God's unconditional love in real and meaningful ways. We support the BPC because the BPC transforms lives.
- Forward Training Center of Hood County - The Mission of the Forward Training Center of Hood County is to Educate, Support and Inspire Life-Changing Growth in Men and Women. FTC offers multiple sessions a year, life skills classes, job training, GED evening classes, Faith & Finance, as well as computer training. Acton United Methodist Church provides volunteers and cash to support the daily operations.
- Habitat for Humanity in Hood County - Habitat builds homes in the Rancho Brazos area of Granbury, Texas. Acton United Methodist Church provides home building volunteers on Wednesdays and Saturdays. The Habitat Board also meets at Acton United Methodist Church. In addition to volunteers, the Church supports Habitat with annual donations.
- Hood County Children's Charities - This organization steps in to provide emergency needs for children in Hood County. Services include providing funds for school lunches, clothes and assorted assistance as needed. Service needs are identified by school lunches, clothes and assorted assistance as needed. Service needs are identified by school nurses who notify the agency when a need exists. Volunteers can help provide services on an "as needed" basis. Our Church supports this program with annual cash donations.
- Hood County for Healthy Children Coalition - This organization, in conjunction with Cooks Children's Hospital, is working to reduce the incidence of child abuse in Hood County. Parent Cafe's are held at different locations around the county with trained facilitators and volunteer local champions, and coordinators to ensure that each session is properly organized. Acton United Methodist has been one of the founding organizations for the effort.
- Mission Granbury - Provides emergency assistance to victims of crime, victims of domestic violence, and those without sufficient food. Volunteers help in many areas, including the CASA program providing advocacy assistance to teens in the court system. The Church supports Mission Granbury with annual cash donations and volunteers.
- Neighbors Feeding Neighbors - A food program associated with the Tarrant County Food Bank that organizes the Community Food Pantry for Hood County on the 1st Friday of each month. This program is held at Granbury First United Methodist Church located at 301 Loop 567, Granbury, Texas 76048. Volunteers help distribute food between the hours of 9:00 a.m. and 11:00 a.m. each month. If you would like to volunteer for this activity, just show up at the Church. January, 2015 Food Panty will not be held due to closure of the Tarrant County Food Bank on this date only. Neighbors Feeding Neighbors also organizes the Weekend Backpack Program for Granbury ISD Students. Acton United Methodist Church provides backpacks for students at two schools each week of the school year.
- Rainbow Room - This organization supports Case Managers in the Child Protective Service. Sundry supplies are donated for use by children who may have been removed from their family on short notice. Volunteers help collect and sort donations at the Rainbow Room Office.
- People Helping People - A Food Pantry that receives special donation support at Thanksgiving and weekly food donations from members of the Church. Volunteers help with food distribution and food donation pickup.
- Project 44 - Project 44 has two initiatives - The Farm Ministry provides fresh produce to individuals and food pantries in Hood County. Volunteers are needed during the growing season to help with planting, weeding, harvesting, and distribution of produce. Contact Dana Boles @ 817-559-1717 or Gaye Dixon @ 817-266-0282 if you would like to volunteer. Typically new volunteers will work at the Farm on Friday or Saturdays to obtain direction on the volunteer opportunities. Project 44 also has a car donation program. Many members of the Church have donated their used cars. Project 44 will inspect, repair and title the vehicle prior to giving to a family in need. Donations are accepted with each of these programs.
- Ruth's Place - A medical clinic for uninsured or the underinsured of Hood County. This clinic is in the process of expanding it's facilities. AUMC is providing funds to assist the campaign to furnish the new building. Volunteers can assist in the office while those with medical training can help provide services to clients.
- Paluxy River Children's Advocacy Center - This organization provides a safe place where children who may have been abused can tell their story in a controlled and safe environment with law enforcement and prosecutors able to use the interviews in the legal processes that may follow. Volunteers can help in the office. AUMC provides annual cash support.