AUMC Student Ministries
Welcome to Our New Director, Timothy Miler!
Timothy began on 10/12 and comes to Acton from the Smithfield UMC in North Richland Hills. Please say a prayer for Timothy and all of our youth as they begin this new time of growth and ministry.
ENGAGE YOUTH WORSHIP
Join us each Wednesday for youth led student worship. Our worship incorporates scripture, music, and student specific messages. We pickup from AMS, Crossland, GMS, and GHS after school. We begin with homework time and rotations, followed by dinner at 5:30 pm and worship at 6:15. Pickup is at 7:15 pm. Youth worship is for any youth in grades 6-12.
Please contact email@example.com for more information.
Youth Sunday School for grades 6-12 meets in CLC 211. Join us as we discuss what it means to have a Christ centered youth ministry by discussing the day's sermon followed by a lesson.
Ways to Stay Connected
- Facebook: like Acton UMC Youth. Click Here
- Text Alerts: Text actonyouth to 68398 to get alerts and updates about youth events
We as a Student Team truly believe one of the most important relationships that a student can have is with a student mentor. Someone who they can connect with and engage in conversation with about things and topics that matter to them. We want to facilitate and provide that opportunity to our young people. Our students can benefit from wisdom and kindness from members of our congregation.
Our goal is to pair one student with one carefully selected adult from our congregation. Student girls will be paired with women from our congregation and student boys will be paired with men from our congregation. They are volunteers that work with our students, student parents, and leaders in our church. Each and every one of the adults involved in this program are required to complete our Ministry Safe Training which includes reference and background checks. Careful consideration has been and will be given to pair each student with an adult they can relate to. Each student will have an opportunity to give input on what they would like in this mentor. We know this is an enriching program for our youth who are participating and would love for all of our youth to benefit. Contact Timothy at (817) 326-4242.
Some Mentor Expectations
- attend worship once a month with students
- meet your student out for a meal at least once during the spring, once during the summer, and once in the fall
- attend extra curricular activities and attend at least one of these sporting, band, etc events
- if possible, sponsor your student mentee for youth mission trip or another youth event such as discovery.
- write a handwritten note and/or phone call at least once a month
- call them on their birthday and send them a birthday card
- pray for your mentee each and every week by name
- attend one youth event as a chaperone
- attend a mission opportunity with your mentee
Director of Student Ministries